Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti
When it comes to healthy dessert recipes, I always say the fewer ingredients, the better it is for you. Sometimes “healthy” desserts can be thrown with all of the unnecessary ingredients that will sometimes do more harm than good. Here is a great recipe for a healthy dessert that will always satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional add-ins: pistachios, cranberries, dates, walnuts, etc. If you're adding these, make it 1/3 cup.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the almonds, egg whites, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix well until all the almonds are coated in the egg whites. If you feel that the mixture is too liquidy, add a tbsp of almonds at a time until the mixture becomes thicker.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the mixture onto the baking tray. Form the mixture into a long narrow log.
- Bake on 350*F for about 20 minutes until the log is firm. Then slice the log about 1 inch thick, and place back onto the baking tray and bake until the biscotti is fully baked and crispy on the outside.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Frances is an amazing health and lifestyle coach whose main goal is to help our community get physically and mentally stronger with every mindful choice we make.